THE HISTORY OF OUR CHURCH BUILDING
The Hope Baptist Church building was first used in the 1940's as a chapel for soldiers at Camp Forest in Tullahoma. The building was moved to its present location in the late 1940's and was used as a Methodist church for many years.In the early 197O's the building was bought by Highland Park Baptist Church in Chattanooga and used as a chapel. Pastoral students at Tennessee Temple University would have an opportunity to pastor the chapel in their junior and senior years of Bible college. In the late 1980's the building was abandoned.
On September 6, 1992, after making repairs to the old building and a clean up of the grounds, Hope Baptist Church was established and a charter signed by the charter members.